Manual Lymphatic Drainage is a gentle, rhythmic technique that cleanses the connective tissue of inflammatory materials and toxins, enhances the activity of the immune system and reduces pain.
The lymphatic system is our front line of defence in fighting bodily infections, detoxifying the body and transporting metabolic wastes, excess water, bacteria and toxins out of the body. The lymph glands (at neck, armpits, groin, etc.) are connected by a broad network of vessels which transplant the fluid. Muscular movement is required to move it, as there is no “heart” to pump it.
Lymphatic Drainage is a gentle whole body treatment that relaxes the nervous system and aids the body’s own immune system. It is highly recommended for those prone to and recovering from sore throats, colds, infections, on-going tiredness, excess fluids, low immunity, swollen nodes and also for the physically inactive.
Some Benefits of Lymphatic Drainage:
- Reduction of chronic pain
- Deep relaxation to aid insomnia, stress, loss of vitality
- Alleviation of adipose & cellulite tissue
- Improves overall circulation
- Reduces swelling and detoxifies the body
- Aids healing of scar tissue and promotes healing of burns
- Relief of inflammation
- Relief from sinusitis
- Enhances Lymphatic Circulation (Immune System)
- Aids in reduction in symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome & fibro myalgia