Essential oils massage involves the use of aromatherapy oils, applied in a diluted form on to the skin.
Some common oils and their uses include:
- Eucalyptus: for congestion/colds
- Frankincense: for calming emotions and nightmares
- Geranium:for menopausal problems & PMS
- Lemongrass; for sore or injured muscles
- Lavender: for relaxation
- Peppermint: for quick energy
- Rose: a uterine tonic and aids in contractions during childbirth
- Sandalwood: for relaxation, digestive troubles (esp. due to tension), dry skin
- Tea Tree: a strong disinfectant, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal.