Did you know the average person needs to consume around a third to half a level teaspoon of salt everyday to survive?
Without salt we would die! Salt in its raw state, is in fact a wonderful, cheap way of getting vital minerals into our bodies.
The problem is white, refined table salt has 82 minerals and essential nutrients wiped out during the refining process. This involves a 1200 degree heating treatment which alters the natural chemical structure of what’s left over – sodium chloride.
But it’s not just what is taken out during the process but what is put in! Additives such as bleaches and anti caking agents are added, typically 341/554/556 or sodium ferrocyanide – sounds appetising doesn’t it!
Refined White Table Salt:
- Destabilises blood pressure
- Can cause Cellulite, Kidney Stones and Rheumatism
- Upsets your fluid balance
- Acts as a diuretic (expels water from cells)
- Contains fillers such as Calcium Carbonate and Aluminium Hydroxide
(The latter Aluminium is implicated in Alzheimer’s Disease)
So which salt is good for you? Enter the Rolls Royce of salts – Himalayan Rock Salt. Himalayan Rock Salt is a pristine source of natural mineral salts. Unbleached sea salt and Celtic salt are other good forms of unrefined natural salt, but why is Himalayan Rock salt the best?
For a start it looks impressive on the dining table, due to the different shades of pink/orange/red/gold colours the salt comes in. These colours are formed from the 84 minerals contained in the Salt. Himalayan Rock Salt comes from a time when planet earth was a pristine eco system, over 250 million years ago.
How will your body benefit from Himalayan Rock Salt? Unlike the white, processed version, Himalayan Rock Salt helps:
- Regulate the water content throughout your body
- Balance excess acidity from your cells, particularly Brain cells
- Clear mucus and phlegm from your lungs
- Clear congestion in your sinuses, as it is a strong natural antihistamine
- Prevent muscle cramps
- Make the structure of your bones firm – Osteoporosis can occur when your body needs more salt and takes it from your bones
- Regulate your sleep – it is a natural hypnotic
- Maintain your libido
- Prevent varicose veins and spider veins on your legs
- Stabilize irregular heartbeats – in conjunction with water (salt) is actually essential for the regulation of your blood pressure!
So throw away your white refined salt and get some mineral rich Himalayan Rock Salt!
What do you think? Are you convinced that salt is actually good for you?
With reference to the following fabulous sources of information: